- Josh D’Amaro Named Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products
- Jeff Vahle Named President, Walt Disney World Resort
- Ken Potrock Named President, Disneyland Resort
- Kareem Daniel Named President, Consumer Products, Games and Publishing
- Thomas Mazloum Named President, Disney Signature Experiences
Bob Chapek, Chief Executive Officer of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS), today announced a new Disney Parks, Experiences and Products leadership team that will be led by Josh D’Amaro, who has been named Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
“I’m incredibly proud of the new leadership team at Parks, beginning with the segment’s Chairman, longtime Disney veteran Josh D’Amaro, and his newly announced team of Jeff Vahle, Ken Potrock, Kareem Daniel and Thomas Mazloum,” said Mr. Chapek. “These talented executives played pivotal roles while leading our exceptional cast members during the largest period of growth in the segment’s history, which included the expansion of our parks and resorts around the world, the addition of new attractions including two highly acclaimed Star Wars-themed lands, and a shift to more personalized experiences for guests. And I am confident that as they assume even greater responsibility and pursue new opportunities, these proven leaders will have an even bigger impact on the future of our company.”
“I want to thank Bob for giving me this opportunity, and I look forward to following his record of driving innovation, value and growth at Parks,” Mr. D’Amaro said. “I am honored to be able to lead this newly announced team of exceptional senior leaders as we assume our new roles and continue to deliver unforgettable experiences for our guests. Even during this challenging time, the enthusiasm of our dedicated cast members for what we do is unwavering, and my goal is to bring them back to work as soon as possible so they can continue to create that magic.”
Before being named President of Walt Disney World Resort in 2019, Mr. D’Amaro was President of the Disneyland Resort. Mr. D’Amaro joined Disney in 1998 at the Disneyland Resort and held a number of leadership positions across the company.
He served as Senior Vice President of Commercial Strategy for Walt Disney World Resort and also led the sites’ Resorts & Transportation Operations. He served as Vice President of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park as it underwent the largest expansion in its history. His other roles included Adventures by Disney; Sales and Travel Operations at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort; Finance for the Global Licensing division of Disney Consumer Products; and Business Planning and Strategy Development for the Disneyland Resort
In conjunction with Mr. D’Amaro being named Chairman, the following key appointments have been made to the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products executive leadership team:
- Jeff Vahle, formerly President, Disney Signature Experiences, has been named President, Walt Disney World Resort.
- Ken Potrock, who had served as President, Consumer Products, becomes President, Disneyland Resort.
- Kareem Daniel, formerly President, Walt Disney Imagineering Operations/Product Creation/Publishing/Games, has been named President, Consumer Products, Games and Publishing.
- Thomas Mazloum, who was Senior Vice President of Resort and Transportation Operations at Walt Disney World Resort, becomes President, Disney Signature Experiences.
Jeff Vahle, President, Walt Disney World Resort
Succeeding Mr. D’Amaro as President, Walt Disney World Resort is Jeff Vahle, a 30-year cast member who most recently served as President, Disney Signature Experiences.
In his new role, Mr. Vahle leads a team of talented Cast Members —America’s largest single-site workforce—and will be responsible for all facets of business for the resort, including its four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, and Disney Hollywood Studios) two water parks, 28 resort hotels, four golf courses, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, and the Disney Springs entertainment-shopping-dining complex.
“With Walt Disney World approaching its 50th anniversary, there could not be a more gratifying time to be selected for this role and to work with the incredible team responsible for creating magical memories for millions of guests each year,” said Mr. Vahle. “I plan to continue to build on the momentum from Josh’s tenure, bringing even more innovative entertainment and experiences to our guests.”
Mr. Vahle will continue to oversee Facilities & Operations Services for Disney theme parks worldwide, responsible for engineering, maintenance, construction, utilities, manufacturing, sourcing and procurement, safety and health, and asset management programs at the Disney resorts around the world Mr. Vahle led several key growth businesses for the Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment and inspired teams around the world to deliver the Company’s unrivaled brand of family vacations. He oversaw Disney Cruise Line, Disney Vacation Club, Adventures by Disney, Golden Oak, and Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa.
Continuing in roles as part of the executive leadership team for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products are:
- Michael Colglazier, President & Managing Director, Disney Parks International
- Jill Estorino, Executive Vice President, Marketing and Sales
- Margaret Giacolone, Chief Counsel
- Tami Garcia, Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Diversity and Inclusion
- Alannah Hall-Smith, Senior Vice President, Communications and Public Affairs
- George Kalogridis, President, Segment Development and Enrichment
- Kevin Lansberry, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Tilak Mandadi, Executive Vice President, Digital and Chief Technology Officer
- Bob Weis, President, Walt Disney Imagineering