Walt Disney World has adjusted hours for Tuesday, September 3rd ahead of Hurricane Dorian.
Operational hours adjustments for Tuesday, September 3 are as follows:
- Magic Kingdom: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. (Extra Magic Hours 7-8 a.m.)
- Epcot: 7 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. (Extra Magic Hours 6-9 a.m.)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 8 a.m.-2 p.m. (Extra Magic Hours 7-8 a.m.)
- Disney Springs: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- ESPN Wide World of Sports: Closed
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park: Closed
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Special Event Cancellations
- Disney After Hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom has been canceled on Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019. Guests with pre-purchased event tickets for this date are able to exchange their tickets for one of the following options:
- Tickets to attend another Disney After Hours event in 2019.
- Tickets to a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party event in 2019.
- 1-Day Flexible Date Ticket with Park Hopper Option, which can be used any day prior to December 31, 2020
- Receive a full refund for event tickets.
To redeem these other options, guests can call (407) 939-7818 by Dec. 15 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., or email Ticket.Inquiries@DisneyWorld.com.
Nighttime Entertainment Adjustments
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Park will continue as scheduled Monday, Sept. 2, however, due to high winds, a modified version of Disney’s Not-So-Spooky Spectacular show will be presented.
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at Epcot has been canceled on Monday, Sept. 2.
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios will present a modified version of Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular on Monday, Sept. 2.
- The 9:30 p.m. Rivers of Light show has been canceled at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park on Monday, Sept. 2.
- Disney’s Vero Beach Resort has evacuated Guests.
- Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort has evacuated Guests.
- Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will be closed beginning Tuesday, Sept. 3. This includes all special events and entertainment.
- Spirit of Aloha dinner shows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will be canceled on Tuesday, Sept. 3.
- Boardwalk Promenade entertainment and food and beverage offerings may be limited during the storm.
Food & Beverage
- On Sept. 3, theme park dining reservations will be honored up to one hour prior to closing. Resort dining reservations will be honored until 6 p.m. Effective immediately, Disney will not be enforcing cancellation policies for dining and other experiences, so there’s no need to cancel existing reservations through Tuesday, Sept. 3. Pre-paid dining and other experiences outside of the modified operating hours for Sept. 3 will be automatically canceled and refunded.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to enjoy food and beverage offerings at the parks and Disney Springs before returning to their Resorts.
- Ferry Boats will not operate in winds over 20 mph.
- Monorail and buses will not operate in tropical storm force winds, which is over 39 mph.
These transportation systems will stop operating Tuesday night after Disney Springs and the Walt Disney World theme parks close.